TESTING REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION
(Please refer to the Components of Demonstration of Competency at the end of this Program of Study)
The following tests are also offered to students:
- The PSAT is a Pre-SAT exam that may be offered to 10th and 11th graders as a practice college entrance exam. If the student shows Advanced Placement (AP) potential, the student should consider enrolling in AP classes.
- Juniors must take the PSAT in order to compete for National Merit Scholarships.
- The PLAN Test is a pre-ACT that may be offered to 10th graders.
- The SAT and ACT are college entrance exams and are usually taken during the 11th or 12th grade years.
- The ASVAB is an aptitude test offered to any student.
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams are offered to students that are enrolled in AP courses. Students who take AP courses and cannot afford the price of the exam may apply for financial assistance.