Transition to Adult and Community Living (TACL)
Los Lunas Schools provides our young adult students (18-21 year olds) with severe and profound disabilities the Transition to Adult and Community Living (TACL) program. TACL has proudly supported our young adult students for over twenty years with job coaching, job skills, and preparation for post secondary life. TACL is located on the Special Services Campus. Students attend the program from mid July to mid June each year. If you are interested in TACL and would like to contact a TACL team member, emails and contacts are located in the side bar to the right of this section.
The TACL Program continues in a Remote Learning Environment due to the COVID-19 school closure. The TACL Spirit Store is closed due to the COVID-19 restrictions. TACL students look forward to welcoming customers when the closure restrictions are lifted.
To provide young adults, between the ages of 18 and 21, the opportunity to learn life skills through educational experiences in their community. We also strive to improve their ability to function independently in society to their maximum potential.
To assist in establishing future goals, assist in secondary education, assist in job training and independent living, find and maintain employment, connect to support agencies, as well as provide opportunities to explore recreation and leisure activities and provide awareness in health and emotional habits.
- 18-21 Years Old
- Current Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- High School Program Completion
- Participate in the program for a minimum of one year
- Students need to be referred to TACL through an IEP
- Students and parents need to demonstrate a certain level of commitment by attending profile meetings and work with TACL
- Students must be willing to TACL the challenges and risks involved in seeking fulfilling adult life
- Transition IEP meeting to TACL
- Willing to perform job duties at TACL Spirit Store and/or community agencies
Things TACL can do for you:
- Assistance with resume and interviewing
- Case management
- Community activities
- Completing job applications
- Community support to various aspects of daily living
- Connect to DVR, centralize services, career services
- Financial management
- Health and exercise
- Help access post-secondary education and training
- Job coaching
- Job search
- Medicaid/Salud assistance
- Setting goals and profile planning
TACL Spirit Store
Our TACL students work in the TACL Spirit Store located at 361 Main St. SE, Los Lunas, NM. The store is open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 - 4:00. The store is closed on all school holidays and from June 19 until the second week of July. The spirit store specializes in creating and selling Centurian, Jaguar and Tiger spirit gear for our community. TACL does create custom designed t-shirts as well. Please visit the store today and support our TACL students with their job skills.
American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Center for Development and Disability
Center for Parent Information
Developmental Disabilities Waiver
National Down Syndrome Society
New Mexico DVR
The ARC of New Mexico