Technology Support Resources
To ensure a quality education during remote learning for all students, Los Lunas Schools is providing an iPad for every pre-school, elementary and middle school student and a MacBook for every high school student.
Technology is an excellent tool that LLS began implementing into the curriculum over the past few years. We realize many students and parents may have difficulties using the devices at home, which is why the Los Lunas Schools Educational Technology Department has created an easy-to-use Step-By-Step Remote Learning Guide to help you and your child during their academic journey. You may also follow the steps below.
How To Use Zoom:
- Zoom Homepage
- Parents Ultimate Guide to Zoom
- Using Zoom on an iPad
- Using Zoom on a MacBook
- Set up Video Tutorial
How To Access Zoom Through Canvas:
- Login to Canvas
- Tap on Main Teacher's Card (top left corner)
- Click "Zoom"
- Click "Join" for the scheduled meeting
- Click "Launch Meeting"
- Click "Open" when asked "Open This Page in Zoom?"
- Click "Join With Video"
- Click "Call Using Internet Audio" when prompted
How To Login To Zoom With Google:
- Click on the Zoom icon
- Click Sign In
- Choose Sign In with Google
- Click "Continue" when asked pop-up says "Zoom" Wants to Use "zoom.us" to Sign In
- Enter your INTERNAL LINK [email protected]
- Enter password
- Forgot password? Inform your teacher and they will submit a request to reset
- Click here for printable instructions for iPad
- YouTube Video Demo For Students on iPad
MacBook Login Screen:
How To Logon With Your Managed Apple ID:
Organize App Icons:
- Hold down app icon
- Select "Edit Home Screen"
- Move app icon where you like
- Place over another icon to create a folder
- Tap "Done" or the home button when finished
1. Open Safari App
2. Tap on share icon to add a bookmark or share website.
3. Tap the add more icon near the top right corner to open a new tab.
4. Tap on overlapping squares in the top right corner to view all tabs.
5. Enable reader view on iOS iPad/iPhone, Navigate to a website. Click on article. In the search bar click on little A/big A icon to enable reader view.
Click here for a Safari Video Tutorial
Search with iPad:
1. On the Home Screen, swipe down with one finger.
2. Type the item you would like to open.
3.Tap to open.
Setting a Timer & Alarm:
1.Open the Clock App
2.Select Alarm and tap the plus sign (+)
3.Select Timer, set time and tap Start
Click here for Timer & Alarm Video Tutorial
Installing & Updating Apps:
1.Open Self Service
2.Search for the app
The Share Icon:
1.Tap on the Share icon to share the item to another app
2. Save as an image or airdrop to an Apple device nearby
Click here for Share Icon Video Tutorial
The Camera & Photos App:
Take time-lapse, Slo-mo videos, photos in selfie and front view using the Camera app. Edit, view and organize all your photos and videos in the Photos app.
Screenshot & Markup Page:
1.Capture the iPad screen by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time.
2. A small window shows up at the bottom of the screen you can mark up the image and save to photos or a PDF, if Full page is selected.
Click here for Screenshot & Markup Video Tutorial
1.Open Notes or ask Siri to start a note.
2. Tap the notes icon to create a note. Tap done, when finished.
3. Explore the features to organize notes in a folder. Type notes and create a checklist. Use the Markup tool to create a sketchnote.
4. Tap the camera icon to scan documents, add a photo or video.
Click here for Notes App Video Tutorial
Update & Wi-Fi Settings:
1.Go to the Settings app.
3.Tap Software Update.
4.Tap Download and Install.
5.Check Wi-Fi Settings.
• Tap with one finger to click/select
• Tap with two fingers to right click
• Pinch with two fingers to zoom in and out
• Slide two fingers up or down to scroll
• Swipe with three fingers to view other desktops
• Move two fingers around each other to rotate an item
Customizing the Dock:
1.Tap F4 on Keyboard.
3.Drag app down to the Dock.
4.Click and hold icons to move.
5.Delete icons from the Dock by right clicking and selecting
Options >> Remove from Dock.
Installing a New App via Self Service -
1.Tap F4 on Keyboard
2.Search Self Service
Files in Finder:
Finder is where organizing your documents, media, folders, and other files becomes important to your workflow.
Click on the Spotlight search icon found in the top right corner. Spotlight Search allows users to search for any apps, documents or files on the MacBook.
1. See downloaded items by clicking on the download button near the top right hand corner.
2.Click on share icon to add a bookmark or share website.
3. Click the + add more icon near the top right corner to open a new tab.
4. Click on overlapping squares in the top right corner to view all tabs.
5. Enable reader view on macOS, Navigate to a website. Click on article. In the search bar click on lines icon to enable reader view. Available on selected websites.
Capture a photo using the built-in camera on MacBook. Select the buttons at the bottom to choose a sequence of four photos, a single photo, or video. Apply effects.
Screenshot and Screen Record:
To take a screenshot on the MacBook, Use the keyboard shortcut: Shift, Command,5. The command bar will appear with various options. You can capture the entire screen, selected window, or portion of the screen; you can also record a selected portion.
• Organize notes into folders
• Add Checkboxes, tables & photos
• Add web-links and documents
• No more paper notes!
• Word Processor
• Create Books
• Similar to Microsoft Word
• Create presentations, movies, & animations
• Similar to PowerPoint
• Create spreadsheets, tables and blank canvases
• Similar to Excel & Publisher
- Access through Canvas LMS website or Canvas app on iPad
- Username: Student ID
- Password: Always matches district password
Canvas Resources for Students:
- Video Tutorial for Login Instructions (Created by LLMS teacher Rena Sedillo)
- Online Canvas Student Guide
- Canvas Troubleshooting
- Question Forum
- Getting Started with Canvas Video
- Find more resources in the Help and Information tab on the Canvas website.
Canvas Resources for Parents
- INTERNAL LINK Access Google Account
- Username = INTERNAL LINK [email protected]
- Password = Always matches district password
- Google Mail is disabled for student accounts
PowerSchool Student Portal
- Access PowerSchool Student Portal
- Username = Student ID
- Password = Student’s DOB, minus leading zero [M]MDDYYYY format
- Trouble logging in? Your district password may need to be updated. Contact your teacher to submit an IT Help Desk Ticket.
- How do I reset the password for my Nearpod Account?
- Access enVisions Math through PowerSchool Student Portal
- Username = Sign into PowerSchool, no separate ID needed
- Password = Sign into PowerSchool, no separate ID needed
- Access Journeys online
- Select state, district, and school from menus
- Username = StudentID-711156
- Password = Student ID
- Access Clever SSO
- Username = Student ID
- Password = Always matches district password
Apex Learning, Stemscopes, Springboard ELA
- Access at: Clever SSO Dashboard
- Username = Sign in to Clever SSO, no separate ID needed
- Password = Sign in to Clever SSO, no separate PW needed
- Trouble logging in? Your district password may need to be updated. Contact your teacher to submit an IT Help Desk Ticket
Remote Learning Documents